5 Interracial Dating Don’ts for Men
5 Interracial Dating Don’ts for Men from relationship expert Rachel Khona:
1. Don’t act as though she is not America/Canadian/Australian etc. if she was raised in the same country and not her parents' native country then don't act like she is a foreigner.
2. Don’t fetishsize her. If she is Japanese, don't expect her to don a Sailor Moon outfit.
3. If she is Indian, don't expect her to gyrate to Bollywood music.
4. Don't pretend to be culturally enlightened. Chances are you're not. Just because you ate at an Ethiopian restaurant doesn't make you an expert on Africa.
5. Don't stereotype. This goes without saying, but it's surprising how many people think it's totally OK to say something "positive" like all Indians are doctors. It’s rude and ignorant.
Hailing from a magical land called New Jersey, Rachel Khona is a writer and performer living somewhere in the 5th dimension. In addition to serving as contributing editor for Vaga, she has written for Cosmopolitan, Inked, Treats, Richardson, Your Tango, and Ask Men and been consulted for her dating knowledge, (though she still knows next to nothing about men). She's been featured on radio shows "Poundstone Power" and "Broadminded" on Sirius XM, "Love Zone USA", "Los Originales", as well as How About We, Coed Magazine, Sex Lies and Dating, The Grindstone, What's Wear and Gloss Magazine. She has performed at the Word Bookstore, Inner Monologues, Standard Issues, and Speakeasy Stories. In her spare time, she likes sliding down rainbows, red wine, Axl Rose, and chasing imaginary squirrels.